Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Joining the Dots of Light.

 Like so many others, I'm feeling devastated over the loss of Robin Williams. For someone I have never met, there are few people who have made me laugh and cry as much in this world. "Mork and Mindy" was such a formative part of my childhood - rainbow suspenders (the ones that go over men's shoulders) still give me a burst of joy.
What can be said except that depression can be such an unbearable, weedy, tendrilly burden. As I have mentioned before, it is one that I carry and most of the time it is reasonably light. One thing I started doing today before I heard the news was to take photos of the things that bring me a moment's happiness (something I can't do when things aren't great and something that is great to do when things aren't perfect - hope that makes sense). So I will do this post knowing how important it is for me to remember to join the dots between the sparks of light in my day.
So, pictured above is my book that I am loving, 'The Miniaturist' by Jessie Burton. I am also still reeling from the perfection that was Mary Lawson's 'Road Ends' - one of my absolute favourite reads for this year.
 Finding Hugo's keyboard music which was hiding under a box in my craft cupboard???? Hugo has been searching for it everywhere - I don't want to know how it ended up there.
 The shiny pink silk on my pin cushion.
 The star magnolia through my rain blurred window.
 A new flea market find,  my green glass vase which has made itself at home quite nicely. 
 Hugo's drawings which he spent forever doing and then laminated carefully with sticky tape so I can keep them forever.
 Millions of fabric macarons which are mounting up for a new project to be revealed soon.
 Hugo making an outhouse for a cunning fox to disguise himself with.
 Mid-winter surprise roses filling my new vase/jug to go by my bed.
And ordinary things made beautiful like these stems with water, glass and light.
I hope that you have had the chance or the lightness in your mind to find some sparks in your day too.
Lots and lots of love,
Kate xxooxx.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails