Sunday, January 30, 2011

More Sewing for School...

I am not so great with lunch boxes. In fact, I really can't stand them. They always get lost or broken, or go away on a secret mission only to turn up later with unrecognisable, horror filled furry things peeping up over the lid. I don't want to go on and on about it, but when they finally do become unusable, I always feel sick as I shove the still sturdy, broken lunch box in the bin, knowing that it's life span might out do all of my offspring's' offspring's' offspring and so on and on and on.
Oddly enough, I love little plastic containers and kid's thermoses and little sandwich boxes, however, these never seem to fit properly into lunchboxes either. Thank goodness for this tutorial. Which I have used a couple of times now. On my first attempt I used a stiff and very plasticy oilcloth which was okay but began to split after a while (hmmph). This time I used some Swedish oilcloth which is waterproof, very light and easy to machine wash.
I made four for the boys in the same fabric so they become easily identifiable to our family. Good grief, strange to think I will have to pack two lunches in two more sleeps. How grown up. Bunnies are thriving.
Very much a part of our every day life.
Learning to trust us.
Even if some people don't always appreciate their tender kisses. Actually, I'm not really into kissing animal either. I'm sure you can't catch hydatids from rabbits but still, boundaries are good.
Hope you had a good weekend,
Love Kate xxooxx.
P.S. Late breaking news, we just had an email saying that Archie has been accepted into Cubs (the junior part of Scouts - the waiting list is long in these parts). I am so excited!!! He is a little bit excited - Archie takes life as it comes. But me, I have been jumping around the room. He is going to be a CUB!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails