Saturday, November 22, 2008

Australia

My nephew Tom
My niece Sophie

Thank goodness I have been able to get near a computer. I almost feel as though I have had a restraining order against me it has been so hard to caress the keyboard and post a post. Right now I am babysitting my niece and nephew (their faces may be familiar from the Lucy Bowler blog listed below) which sounds very altruistic except for factoring in the meal provided, wine generously splashed repeatedly into a glass and a brand new apple mac to play with.... hmmm.

It is so deliriously good to be back in Australia, I love New Zealand so much but I am a genetic piece of an Australian puzzle which makes me fit into my homeland like nowhere else. The air smells as it should and encircles me in this certain silky way that re-dresses my soul in pyjamas. And the little bit of extra nurturing that comes from having four parents is a balm like no other - as evidenced by my step dad re-ravelling my tangled wool.


A glass of wine, knitting, a verandah and the cry of a million birds rejoicing in a rare, green afternoon.

A glimpse from our delicious Tim and Bellas' new house in Melbourne, beautiful bits spring forth from their every nook (there will be no talk of crannys).

And to everyone in New Zealand, I can't wait to see you when I get back and Christel, everytime I have a cup of tea I am wondering if you are joining me. I will post again as soon as I can. Lots of love xxooxxooxx.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails